PhD Student 3rd Year, Sorbonne Université
ENS – Département de chimie
24 rue Lhomond, 75005 Paris
Phone: +33 144322419
Office: ES 120 a
After studies in chemistry oriented towards experimental materials science I moved to theoretical chemistry for my master 2 and my PhD. As an intern in different groups I had the opportunity to work in different groups on the synthesis, shaping and characterization of polymers, mineral single crystals and carbon nanotubes. My daily work now implies ab initio molecular simulations of nanomaterials/water interfaces using static DFT and DFT based molecular dynamics, and to perform data analysis via writing of scripts in Python and Fortran.
- 2016-sept. 2019: PhD in computational chemistry supervised by Marie-Laure Bocquet and Rodolphe Vuilleumier on the « Reactivity of Boron Nitride and Carbon Based Nanomaterials With Water ». Department of Chemistry, ENS, Paris, France.
- 2016 : Graduation in Chemistry from the École normale supérieure, Paris, France.
- 2016 : M. Sc. in Physical, Analytical and Theoretical Chemistry, Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France.
- 2012-2016: Education in Chemistry at École normale supérieure, Paris, France.
- 2013: B. Sc. in Chemistry, Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France.
- 2010-2012: Intensive preparatory classes for engineering schools in Physics and Chemistry, Lycée Thiers, Marseille, France.
- 2016-sept. 2019: PhD (see above)
- 2016, 5 months: M.Sc. : « Ab-Initio Study of the Adsorption of Hydroxide on Carbon and Boron Nitride Based Nanomaterials », supervised by M.-L. Bocquet and R. Vuilleumier in ENS, Paris, France.
- 2015, 4 months: « Synthesis and Shaping of Vitrimer Polymer Materials », supervised by R. Nicolaÿ in the group directed by L. Leibler in ESPCI ParisTech, Paris, France.
- 2014, 5 months: « Single Crystal Growth in Image Furnace for Laser Applications », supervised by P. Loiseau in the group directed by G. Aka in Chimie ParisTech, Paris, France.
- 2014, 5 months: « Synthesis and Shaping of Carbon Nanotubes Using Aerosol-Assisted Chemical Vapour Deposition », supervised by J. Quinson and S. Meysami in the group of N. Grobert in the University of Oxford, Oxford, United Kingdom.
- 2013, 2 months: « Synthesis and Shaping of Vitrimer Polymer Materials », supervised by R. Nicolaÿ in the group directed by L. Leibler in ESPCI ParisTech, Paris, France.
- 2016-2019, teaching during practicals sessions as part of the PhD training in Sorbonne Université, Paris, France: gas phase chromatography (chemistry, L2 to M1), programming of a serious game of chemistry with Scratch (L1), python programming (chemistry, L3), oscillating masses (chemistry, L2).
- Languages: French (mother tongue), English (strong writing and speaking competencies), Spanish (currently learning), Italian (secondary school basis).
- Code: Python, Fortran, LaTeX, Scratch, OriginPro.
- Simulations: DFT (VASP, CASTEP, DMol3), Ab Initio Molecular Dynamics (CP2K, Plumed).
- Other Scientific Programs: matplotlib, numpy, pandas, VMD, CrystalMaker, Vesta, Virtual Nanolab, Origin8.
- Characterization: Scanning electron microscopy, gas phase hromatography, raman spectroscopy, dynamic mechanical analysis, thermo gravimetric analysis.
- Materials Synthesis: Radical polymerization of vitrimers, aerosol-assisted CVD growth of carbon nanotubes, fabrication of buckypaper, single crystal growth in image furnace, ultramicroelectrode fabrication.
- Others: Illustrator, Photoshop, photography.
- Computational Chemistry
- Molecular Simulations
- Ab Initio Molecular Dynamics
- Boron Nitride
- B. Grosjean. Les procédés de cristallogenèse, piliers méconnus de la technologie moderne. 2017, Cultures Sciences Chimies, ENS, Paris, France.
- Explanation of popularization experiments in public, as designed by the Musée Curie. 2016, Nuit des Sciences, ENS, Paris, France
- L. Éstéoule, B. Grosjean, O. Nguyen, E. Perrin. L’aspartame, un édulcorant controversé. Cultures Sciences Chimie, ENS, Paris, France.